Green Malachite Pebbles Polished Natural Gemstone Crystal Mineral Cabochons Tumbled Stone Specimens for Carving Cabbing - Congo (5PCS)
Green Malachite Pebbles Polished Natural Gemstone Crystal Mineral Cabochons Tumbled Stone Specimens for Carving Cabbing - Congo (5PCS) by HQRP-Crystal at Home Decor Outlet Store. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last.
Features & Highlights
- You will get 5pcs of the Green Malachite Cabochons similar to the one in the listing, the size and the color of the cabochon may slightly vary as well due to the fact that all minerals are different. (Bowl NOT included, the photos are taken under bright light!) Average Weight: 30-45g / 1.06-1.6oz; Average Size: 34 x 30 x 22 mm / 1 3/8 x 1 3/16 x 7/8 Inches;
- Formula: Cu2(CO3)(OH)2; Hardness: 3.5 - 4; Color: Light to very dark green; Crystal System: Monoclinic;
- Malachite is a green, very common secondary copper mineral with a widely variable habit. Typically it is found as crystalline aggregates or crusts, often banded in appearance, like agates. It is also often found as botryoidal clusters of radiating crystals, and as mammillary aggregates as well. Single crystals and clusters of distinguishable crystals are uncommon, but when found they are typically acicular to prismatic.
- Its name could have come from the Greek word, "malache" which means "mallow", because the colour of malachite is similar to the colour of mallow leaf. Alternatively, the name could have originated in the Greek word, "malakos", which means "soft", due to the fact that malachite is soft compared with other minerals. Malachite is used as a source of copper and as a gemstone.
- (The above information is provided solely for informational purpose. Kindly note that all stones are offered for decorative purposes only. Please, handle your stones with great care, do not grind or crumble them, do not dip or add them into your food or drink, do not use any parts of them in any elixirs, potions, lotions etc. Always make sure you wash your hands before and after working with your crystals.)
|Color:||Green Malachite - Congo|